Martin White (UK)
Managing Director, Intranet Focus
- World-leading intranet authority and consultant
- Founder and managing director of Intranet Focus
- Author of many books on information management, enterprise search and intranets
When the talk turns to mobile access to intranets the focus is on the design issues, but that is only the tip of the iceberg
What’s on – Roundtable discussions
Time: 14.00-15.00 Wednesday, 9. Nov 2011
1. Google+: A digital platform for success?
2. How universities are implementing mobile strategies
3. Intranet trends for 2012 and beyond
4. Open source CMS marketplace & trends
5. Website relaunch: How to find a new software vendor and/or agency?
6. “That’s the way the cookie crumbles!” What the EU privacy directive means for you
7. The value of social business platforms for your organization
8. The growing importance of mobile in your online presence
9. Successful web project management: Is it actually possible?
10. Standards matter! But which, why and how?
11. Better information sharing through standards
12. The boundaries of a digital strategy
14. User Experience
15. Digital Marketing
16. Aligning digital and business strategy
Martin White is Managing Director of Intranet Focus, which he established in 1999. Over the last ten years Martin has worked on nearly 100 intranet projects. Since 2001 he has written the Behind the Firewall column on intranet management issues for the US magazine EContent for which he is a Contributing Editor, a position he also holds for Intranets: Enterprise Strategies and Solutions and for which he is Reviews Editor. He has been a member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Information Management since 1995.
Martin was a member of the Nielsen Norman User Experience workshop teams in 2005, 2006 and 2007. He is the author of The Content Management Handbook, which was published by Facet Publishing in early 2005. His second book, Making Search Work, was published by Facet Publishing in March 2007. He has been a Visiting Professor at the Department of Information Studies, University of Sheffield since 2000. So far this year he has been the opening keynote speaker at conferences in Quebec, New York (the Enterprise Search Summit) and Frankfurt.
Intranet Focus provides consulting services on intranet and extranet deployment and management.
More resources related to Martin White
- J. Boye Aarhus 11: Enterprise mobility: A new working environment
- J. Boye Aarhus 09: Risk management – when ROI doesn’t work (conference delegates only, PDF)
- J. Boye Aarhus 05: The Eureka factor - linking content management with information retrieval (conference delegates only, PPT)
- Achieving a Gold Standard for your Intranet - summary of Martin White's opening keynote on the intranet track at KMWorld 2010