Everything about expert panel at J. Boye Aarhus 12
New perspectives on key digital trends
If you are eager to untangle some of the many fascinating industry trends and find out what they actually mean for you, you may read a book, ask a consultant or even go to a conference. The problem with these approaches is that you typically only get one perspective on the topic, i.e. too much emphasis on the IT experience at the expense of say strategy and governance.
To address this and to provide a more balanced perspective we always invite 3 speakers to participate in the expert panel session – this year held on Thursday November 10th from 14:00 – 15:00 in Aarhus:
- Cathy Marshall, a principal researcher at Microsoft Research in Silicon Valley and hypertext pioneer who is currently working on social media ownership issues among other topics
- Michael Fienen is Director of Web Marketing at Pittsburg State University in Kansas. He coined the digital marketing term remixology
- Olle Olsson is the Swedish World Wide Web Consortium representative. Recent work includes exploring innovative uses of ICT in e-government
I will host the session and have asked each to submit a few themes that they’ve been working on this year and curious to understand better. Here are 6 to get the conversation started:
- Digital success: Planning for digital success around organizational limitations
- Disruptive innovation: Is the change just beyond the horizon or will the future be more of the same?
- Measurement: What to measure on your site and why? How to untangle web analytics
- Mobile: Is it mobile-first, content-first or social-first? What’s the best model?
- Standards: The industry has many standards, but from the customer-perspective they often seem to be too cumbersome to implement and difficult to actually see the business value
- User experience: What’s the role of users in design? How to make best use of scenarios and personas?
All delegates are encouraged to participate in the discussion, so bring your own perspective on the above themes and any others themes – and you will probably find that you leave with a few more!