The 2011 higher education track was intended as a complete 1-day conference in itself, covering the key challenges facing higher education web professionals while enabling delegates to network with peers from around the world.
The conversation continues at the higher education conference track on the Aarhus 12 conference on 7 November.
Run With the Vikings
Location: We meet in front of the Radisson Hotel.
A 25 minute run at a relaxed pace.
Coffee & Breakfast with fellow track followers. Join your chosen main track's table in the breakfast area. We encourage attendees and speakers alike to join, get the discussion going first thing and set the scene for the rest of the day.
Conference opening: Aarhus Mayor Jacob Bundsgaard
Opening keynote: Going boldly into the present
Higher Education – Top tasks
- "Websites & Brand Strength: A Guide to Achieving a 90% Positive Customer Rating" by Bob Johnson (US), Bob Johnson Consulting | Download slides
Higher Education – Online strategy
- "“Mind the gap” – an integrated strategic planning process of web, business and IT" by Stephen Emmott (UK), London School of Economics | Download slides
IKS “Web and Intranet Professionals” Workshop
An exclusive event for CIOs and IT Managers
Higher Education – Going Mobile
Mobile communication is growing up fast. Janne will look into how mobile at the Faculty of Life Sciences (University of Copenhagen) has become part of their strategic communication and what this means for their overall media portfolio.
- "Going mobile" by Janne Bavnhøj (DK), Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen | Download slides
What’s on – Roundtable discussions
1. Google+: A digital platform for success?
2. How universities are implementing mobile strategies
3. Intranet trends for 2012 and beyond
4. Open source CMS marketplace & trends
5. Website relaunch: How to find a new software vendor and/or agency?
6. “That’s the way the cookie crumbles!” What the EU privacy directive means for you
7. The value of social business platforms for your organization
8. The growing importance of mobile in your online presence
9. Successful web project management: Is it actually possible?
10. Standards matter! But which, why and how?
11. Better information sharing through standards
12. The boundaries of a digital strategy
14. User Experience
15. Digital Marketing
16. Aligning digital and business strategy
Higher Education – Digital Marketing in a Social World
- "Communicating on Facebook" by Bo Kristiansen (DK), University of Southern Denmark
- "Real-time personalisation in practice" by Roos Roodnat (NL), HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht | Download slides
Higher Education – Analytics
We more often than not try to revolutionize our websites, which usually solves some big problems, but also brings forward new major obstacles of its own.
As in other parts of life, evolution is far better than revolution.
Michael Fienen, Director of Web Marketing at Pittsburg State University, will delve into how web analytics gives you the answers to step by step successfully transform your website for the better. Not by turning it upside down, but by improving it ongoing.
- "Chaos in context: Informed design through analytics" by Michael Fienen (US), Pittsburg State University
Help crown the “2011 Web Idol” in a fast-paced, entertaining set of competitive demos.
Location: ART Restaurant on the 8th floor of ARoS
Helped by the members of the J. Boye groups, we found bright speakers from Europe and North America, who came and shared their experiences and vision for higher education on the web.