The role of the intranet in the digital workplace of the future
In more and more organizations, the intranet is growing beyond its original role as an internal communications channel and portal for productivity tools. At the same time, companies are rethinking the ways to get productive work done, putting more emphasis on teleworking, cross-team collaboration and employee engagement. The intranet of the future must support and stimulate this new way of working. To reach this ‘digital workplace’ you will need to address some fundamental questions:
- What are the priorities and the right level of ambition for my organization’s intranet?
- Who are the key stakeholders and how do they expect the intranet to evolve?
- How will I set concrete targets and measure progress against them?
This tutorial will give you some of the answers and will encourage you to work together with your colleagues to find additional ideas and insights. You will review various aspects of what the digital workplace of the future could mean for you:
- Collaboration on the intranet
- The “social” intranet
- Mobile access to the intranet
- Personalization and customization
What you will learn
You will find out what are the key trends for the intranet/digital workplace of the future. You will be challenged to think about what these trends mean for your organization, and how you can integrate them into your current strategy and plans for the intranet.
Who should attend
Intranet managers and professionals who are involved in setting direction and implementing improvements for their organization’s intranet.